In order to better understand and learn about the process and knowledge of the investment casting, NOVA3D specially makes this operation process for you, hope you give us some valuable advice.
Preparation before casting: After removing the jewelry resin model from the working table, wash it in anhydrous ethanol for about 1 minute to wash off the resin residue attached to it. If the overall light intensity of the resin model is insufficient in the printing process , after cleaning, the resin model needs to be put into the curing box for 30min to meet the hardness requirements of the post-production model.
Planting wax trees
1. The resin model should be cleared up to remove the excess supports and cleaned again before planting.
2. After cleaning the resin, the wax submerged nozzle can installed and the tree can be planted. When planting trees, please follow the principle of light parts on top and heavy parts on bottom.
Enter the Steel Pot
1. Wrap the steel pot with the packaging tape. The height of the packaging tape should be 2-3 cm higher than the steel pot.
2. Put the wax tree into the steel pot and keep the wax tree straight. The distance between the wax tree and the steel pot wall should be at least 5mm.
Mixed Gypsum Powder
1. Mixing ratio: gypsum powder 1kg and water 350-400ml (20 ~ 28 ℃ pure water for direct drinking).
2. First pour half of the water into the vacuum mixer, then pour the gypsum powder. After that, pour the remaining water into the mixer, and finally vacuumize to mix them completely.
Grouting to be solidified
1. The grouting time should be strictly controlled within 9 minutes. The gypsum powder should be poured into the steel pot with a vacuum mixer and solidified for 20-30 minutes.
2. Take it out and wait at room temperature for 3 hours to remove the packaging tape on the outer wall of the steel pot and take out the rubber bottom. After that, it can be baked and dewaxed.
Roasting in the furnace 1
A: the wax model starts to fall off. The temperature is set from 0℃ to 200 ℃ for two hours, and from 200 ℃ to 780℃ for three hours. According to the rings of different sizes and thicknesses to lower the temperature and mould. The heating rate should be adjusted according to the size and quantity of steel pot and the thickness and volume of the model.
B: the resin gasification shall be completed within 6 hours at 780 ℃, and the holding time shall be adjusted according to the size and quantity of the steel pot and the thickness and volume of the model.
Roasting in the furnace 2
A: From 500 ℃ into the furnace after two hours to 780 ℃.Continuous casting improves production efficiency.
B: After maintaining at 780 ℃ for 4 hours, and the resin gasification is completed. The holding time should be adjusted according to the size and quantity of the steel pot and the thickness and volume of the model.
Note: High temperature gypsum powder must be used.
1. The temperature in Stage C is the model casting temperature, please select the required moulding temperature and hold it for half an hour ( Stage D).
2. The medium frequent reverse mould machine is used for the reverse mould casting, which melt metal , vacuumize, pressurize and reverse mould. After filling up with the molten metal and take it out later and let it cool naturally. The cool down time is 5 to 10 minutes.
Casting Finished Products